Romteck is the largest manufacturer of alarm signalling equipment in Australia and has been producing alarm signalling hardware and software solutions since 1986. There are tens of thousands of Romteck alarm signalling units installed across Australia, from the vast outback to Centrepoint Tower in the heart of Sydney. In total, Romteck’s equipment monitors over 6,000 fire alarms internationally, utilising innovative and advanced software and hardware solutions.
Firemon – Alarm Monitoring Software
Romteck’s alarm monitoring system uses the in-house developed Firemon software. Firemon allows monitoring of distributed alarms by providing alerts and information relating to the exact nature of the alarm at a central monitoring point. Alarm logs are maintained for security purposes in addition to enabling alarm isolates and test histories to be recorded.
The alarm screen caters for 24 inputs for each Alarm Signalling Equipment (ASE) and these are individually prioritised as high priority (Primary) or lower priority (Secondary), with differing colours for each type of alarm and their active status. To assist in locating the exact position of the active alarm, multi-level floor plans are available to graphically illustrate the exact location.
Alarm Signalling Equipment
Romteck’s ASE is the interface module that provides a link between Fire Indicator Panels in a building, and central fire monitoring services.
Fully redundant communications paths are used between each ASE and the central fire monitoring service to ensure the reliability meets the mission critical nature of the service our customers demand.
The ASE provides the following functionality:
- Continuously monitors the integrity of communications mediums and will raise an alarm should any fail
- Is normally mounted within the Fire Indicator Panel and continually monitors the integrity of the connections between the Panel and itself, and will raise an alarm if this is violated
- Accepts up to 8 zones / 24 alarm inputs from the Fire Indicator Panel as well as monitoring the battery of the Panel
- Displays its current status; a buzzer output can be used to alert locally in the event of an alarm. Outputs can also allow local operation such as sirens or to reset fire panels remotely
- Is normally powered from its associated Fire Indicator Panel and uses the panel’s battery back-up in the event of a power failure.
Fire Alarm Monitoring Case Study
Romteck’s proprietary fire alarm monitoring solutions are highly valued by Australian organisations like Air Services Australia, which monitors all Australian airports. Read the Romteck fire alarm monitoring case study.
Designed and Delivered by an Expert Team
Romteck’s team has extensive experience developing fire alarm monitoring systems within mission critical environments covering Country-wide networks. Learn more about the Romteck team.
Contact Romteck for Fire Alarm Monitoring Solutions
To learn more about the benefits of Romteck’s fire alarm monitoring technology, contact the Romteck team today.